Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Laura Barone-Lenhart & Family



I am the eldest child of Rocco & Lucy Barone. I was born on March 18, 1954 in Weehawken, N.J. (Photo #1). We lived in Nyack close to Grandma & Grandpa (Photos #2 & #3) until I was 7 when we moved “down the shore” to Point Pleasant, NJ.


I have remained in Point Pleasant all of my life and in 1980, I graduated nursing school and I am currently working for a large medical practice as a Nursing Supervisor.

My first marriage blessed me with my two wonderful children. Kaitlyn is now 18 and in her 1st year at Ocean County College. Her Boyfriend, Tim, is in his 2nd year at Ocean County College. Kaitlyn works part time at a pre-school where she takes care of over 10 children and loves her job very much. I am very proud of the beautiful, confidant, and loving young woman she has become. Jake is now 14 and is a freshman at Point Pleasant Boro High School. He enjoys skateboarding, video games, and riding his go-ped. (a typical high school boy)

In 1998 I met Richard Lenhart. We fell in love very quickly and in 1999, he became my husband. We met while we were waiting at the school bus stop for both of our 7 year old sons to get home. It was love at first sight. We have been best friends and inseparable since we first met. And he is the best husband and father. Richard is the General Manager at Denny’s Restaurant in Brick Town NJ.

His son, my step son, Justin, who is also 14, is a freshman at Toms River East High School. He enjoys movies, video games, and spending quality time with his Dad. I am sure Justin will one day be acting on stage or on the big screen.

This past summer, we all enjoyed a family vacation in Orlando, Florida to visit Disney & Universal Studios. We all had a wonderful time. Even though the picture doesn’t show it, Jake & Justin had a blast.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LAURA,
WE SO MUCH ENJOYED YOUR STORY AND YOUR BABY PICTURES CERTAINLY BRING BACK WONDERFUL MEMORIES.
LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR FAMILY ON JULY 8!

LOVE
AUNT LORRAINE & UNCLE FRANK

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura,
Your Uncle Charlie and I read and enjoyed your article and pictures. Seeing you with Bruno and Jennie when you were so young reminded me that you and Keith our eldest were only two months (or even less) apart and the eldest of the Barone grandchildren. And, of course the center of all attention from the then small enclave of Barones and Puglieses'.
We're looking with pleasure in seeing your happy family at the reunion.

love from,
Aunt Lee and Uncle Charlie

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



hits
see web stats